Wednesday, June 13, 2012

On the Hunt

One of the first things I did after accepting that my return to speech therapy was eminent, was to search for speech blogs. Thanks to Stacey at Two Writing Teachers, for getting me going by referring me to Little Stories, which is a delightful blog focused on early language development. But what about my own blog? A blog called One Literacy Coach doesn't really fit any more. I have put so much of myself into it that I'm not ready to let it go yet. That being said, I need and want to seek out and collaborate with other speech therapists. So I am on the hunt. Searching for and collecting blog posts, journal articles, professional book titles, Pinterest boards, and tweets from speech therapists working in schools. I'm looking forward to diving into Emergent Literacy and Language Development edited by Paula M. Rhyner. The chapters in this text link oral language aquisition and early literacy skills. Sounds like it's right up my alley.



No comments:

Post a Comment